Blog design and digital scrapbooking elements created by Adori Graphics »

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Sauteed Mushrooms & Onions

  • This is a wonderful recipe that was given to me when I was probably fourteen{yes, I really have been cooking that long!} and if I had a dollar for every time I have made this for my Momma, I would never have to work! Here is what you're gonna need:
  • 1 or 2 large onions, depending upon how many people you are feeding{I use one}
  • 1 package fresh mushrooms
  • half stick of butter
  • soy sauce
Wash your mushrooms and dice them into pieces, not too small. Cut onionsand dice into pieces. Place butter into a skillet and melt. Make sure all butter is melted and skillet is good and hot. Pour mushrooms and onions into the skillet,and sprinkle with soy sauce til you can kind of smell the soy sauce. If you think you have too much soy sauce, just add alittle more butter. This is one of those recipes you have to play with to suit your taste. Cook over high heat, and stir constantly. Cook until butter and soy sauce are cooked down, about 5 minutes. Do not cook ALL the liquid out as this will burn the contents quickly!! Serves 4-6.

0 comments:

Post a Comment